Arnold Render Settings in Maya
If you want photo-realistic renders then use Arnold as the renderer. Samplingand Ray Depthare the most important settings for rendering in Arnold.
- Open Render settings (Render icon with small gear)
- Select Arnold Renderer from the dropdown in the Render Settings window
- See Render Settings notes for information in the ‘Common’ tab
- Click on the ‘Arnold Renderer’ tab
– Camera AA : Render Quality, for testing or modelling change this to 1, for final render move this up to 2 or 3 (2 minimum), although you can go as high as 7 for photo realistic shit.
– Transmission : This is how light behaves, for final renders move this up to 4, 6, or 8
- Ray Depth Section:
– The higher the rays, the better quality the render will be