Duplicate Special in Autodesk Maya
Used to create a specified number of duplicates, and choosing geometry types (Copy/Instance).
- Select object
- Open the edit menu (from the most top menu)
- Select the small box next to ‘Duplicate special’ to open the options box
- Geometry type:
– Copy : Creates a new copy of the object, independent from the original
– Instance : Copy is linked to the original, changing attributes of the original will also apply to this/these copies.
- Add the desired move, rotate and scale values
- Enter the desired number of copies
- Click on ‘Duplicate Special’ to apply the duplication