Hierarchies in Autodesk Maya
Used to connect objects. Enables you to move an object which makes up other larger objects
To create a hierarchy:
- Open the outliner (windows > Outliner).
- In the objects list, click and drag an object over another object (You can select multiple objects).
- Much like photoshop layers it will nest the dragged object inside the target object.
- You will also be able to expand the target object to see the previously dragged object.
- You can create multiple hierarchies within one object:
+ body (Parent object)