Useful when creating against a reference image, you’ll only need to model half of the object (assuming it has symmetry)
- To use:
– Select the model you want to mirror
– Select the faces on the edge of your model that you want to be connected to the mirrored version
– Delete these faces (You will merge these with the mirrored model to create a new, single model)
– Select the model again in object mode
– Click ‘Mesh’ > ‘Mirror’ (Main, top navigation)
– Adjust the settings:
+ Cut Geometry (Tick)
+ Set Axis position and Mirror Axis (May take some trial and error if the desired merge edge is not aligned with the world axis)
+ Set the merge settings (Merge with original etc…)
+ Border: This is the edge that you want to merge.
- Click ‘Mirror’
- You should now see 1 single, merged model.